An interview

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

2 weeks ago I went into a job interview in KL. It was an interview as a PCC or patient consultant care. It was my first interview in my whole life. I took public transport since it would be easier and cheaper overall. Turned out I got lost and arrived 30 minutes late. A bad impression. When the interview started, it was really more of a briefing of what my job would be. Would i not ask (or interrupt) and add my own view, it would be almost like a lecture.

After I finished, it felt like a burden lifted from my shoulder. I have the inclination that I might just did it. I do not know. But at least I could tell I have experienced an interview, in case anyone asked. haha. Following up, I was contacted from the same company to be assessed for editing and writing articles. As soon as I received the email, I had to refresh my medical knowledge and refer to the textbook, a long lost friend. I submitted my answer earlier than the deadline.

Then I was informed I would be contacted by one of the consultant. He would call me for an online interview. I was not as anxious as the first since I had the glimpse of what might be asked. One day he called me and we had a short interview. I believed I was calm but my words are not as clear as I wanted. I did not ask as much as the previous since I had known what to be expected of the position. He even asked when I want to start, things to do. So I have the feeling that I will get the job.

I went for a meeting at Seri Kembangan, a friend asked if i have a job, I said yes. I even 'bragged' about my job in my family group since I would be needed to take care of my cousin since my sister will be coming for a few days. I even repaired my notebook that was lagging for 2 months to be used for work. 2 days have passed but there is no contact from the HR. I messaged the HR and waited for reply. Exactly two days from the expected date I should come in, I received the message that they looked for another candidate.

It's ok. At least I have learnt something valuable. You may put every effort to achieve a target, but essentially it is not yours to claim. On one perspective, everything comes from Allah, good and bad. From another dimension, is of your part. When you don't get what you wanted, you will need to reassess what can be improved. We muslims need to put our best effort in terms of work ethics, management, knowledge etc, and to put trust in Allah that He will change our circumstances.

If we just put ourselves in one view we would be one of 2 extremes: ones are those saying that everything is from Allah and Allah alone. Nothing that we do can change it. It is wrong. Another extreme is the ones who say everything I do is from me, and me alone. No God can interfere nor change my effort.

Okay then, ciau.

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

The Legend of Kagutaba Village

Intifada al-Aqsa: Peristiwa, sebab dan kesan

The perks of doing elective posting.